German Producers Alliance – Film & Television
A strong voice for producers
The German Producers Alliance – Film & Television currently has approximately 250 members and represents the major part of all German production companies working in animated film, documentary, feature film, TV drama, TV entertainment and advertising film production, making it the most influential German producers association. It came about from the merger of its predecessors, the Association of New German Feature Film Producers (AG Spielfilm), the Association of German Entertainment Producers (AGEP), the Federal Association of German Television Producers (BDF) and film20. It began to operate in March 2008.
The association’s main goal is to present a collective, united front to the rapidly changing media world and to establish itself as a reliable, independent lobby group for German producers working in film, television and other audiovisual media. Therefore, the German Producers Alliance – Film & Television represents at a national and international level the interests of producers vis-à-vis politicians, distributors, management and trade unions, and all media and cultural corporations with the aim of effectively and efficiently achieving fair competitive conditions for the production and media market as a whole.
The association advocates:
- diversity in filmmaking and recognizing the value of film as an economic and cultural asset;
- maintaining and strengthening the efficiency and diversity of the German production industry, particularly within small and medium-sized enterprises:
- the producers’ authority over the distribution of his or their work through a strict separation of producer and all distributor interests;
- securing digital dividends for producers and breaking up traditional extensive rights packages;
- fair competitive conditions for production and production assignments.
Organization and structure
- Professionalism through an efficient, streamlined system.
- Democratic structure through equal vote weighting. Every member, regardless of size and turnover, has a vote. “One company – one vote”
- Democratic structure through decision-making where the highest authority lies with the central general meeting.
- Professional services for members (studies, databases, documentation, legal advice, marketing, communication, etc.)
- The structure secures unity and diversity of producers:
- Representation of common interests through an association, a central general meeting, a management board and a CEO;
- Representation of production-specific interests through separate divisions for various sectors, separate general meetings of the divisions, separate divisional management boards, divisional board representatives on the main management board and separate divisional directors.
- Veto rights to protect specific interests of the divisions, and to protect the interests of feature film producers in particular.
- Flexibility: members can switch divisions.
- Members can secure protection of wider interests by joining an additional division, including voting rights in divisional general meetings. Additional membership fee: 25% of the standard membership fee.
- If they want to, members can benefit from collective bargaining coverage.
Status as of June 2015
For further information please call +49-30-206 70 88-0 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org